Five Auburn football players didn’t let the diagram of a typical Auburn student in 1983 keep them from expressing themselves:
From an AP Wire photo from Sept. 9, 1983:
“Auburn University, ranked among the top five teams in the country in all published polls, now features a group of defensive backs who call themselves the Barbarians and who sport Mohawk haircuts. From left are Tommy Powell, Victor Beasley, David King, Nat Ceasar and Jimmie Warren. The Tigers open Saturday against Southern Mississippi. Now, if they can only hit as ‘bad’ as they look.”
Related: Gene Chizik at the 1983 Chi Omega Fall Woodser.
THE WAR EAGLE READER NEEDS YOUR HELP.
* Playboy photographer loved first visit to Auburn
* Pat Dye on Faulker, Bo Jackson’s sex life, David and Goliath and other topics
* Auburn’s Heisman-posing gymnast says getting Bama fans to boo was the whole idea
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply