The cowboy’s hand on young Coach’s shoulder, the mouth “items” (one theory suggests Chizik’s is merely a photo blemish, but we’re not convinced), the dubious headgear (though that Copenhagen hat would fetch fat hipster coin on eBay), and the baller’s look of defiant disinterest…
Maybe it was a Chi Omega theme night: “Snapshots of Regret”.
But whatever it was — and as Patrickthetiger said, “It was the ’83 Fall Woodser… anything goes” — it has upped our respect for the Chiz in ways we never thought possible… more than the gold chain, more than the leather jacket. You can take the man out of Florida, but you can’t take the Florida out of the man. And we dig it.
Photo via Patrickthetiger.
Did you see something AUsome? Weird? Today? Whenever? Take a picture of it? Screen cap it? Know someone who did?
Send it to us at [email protected]
… and check out the Photo of the Day archives.
* Ronald Reagan was an Auburn fan
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley at the ’71 Heisman dinner
* Some Auburn fans less than thrilled with Coaches’ Trophy tour
* Former Auburn cheerleader competing in new season of ‘Survivor’
* Three-hour delay turns flight to Phoenix into Auburn pep rally