Cleaner, brighter, more muscle tone and wing definition, repaired beaks—the venerable ol’ eagles have returned to Toomer’s Corner.
The two 350 pound marble statues were placed back atop their pillar perches at a media event Friday morning. We were there. We took video. Warm feelings all around.
Before the big moment, I talked with Terry Lathan with The Lathan Company, which handled the restoration, about the west eagle’s first night away from home.
We also got the goods on the red paint found on the birds during the cleaning process from The Lathan Company’s project manager Anthony Miller, click here.
* I think of Kurt Crain
* Secondhand Shug
* Smithsonian Magazine photographs kid in Auburn hat at Texas prom
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn