Auburn took home its first Oscar (at least by a graduate) tonight thanks to Octavia Spencer.
Spencer, 39, won the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress” for her critically acclaimed performance as a maid in Civil Rights-era Mississippi in the 2011 film “The Help.”
Earlier in the evening, Spencer shared a “War Eagle” with Good Morning America—and Oscar Red Carpet Show—host Robin Roberts. Afterward, Spencer was too emotional to deliver more Than You’s backstage.
But later she but did manage to tweet: “Thanks AU, thanks Montgomery, thanks home state…..thanks family!”
* Cam Newton faith heals Bama child while leading Auburn grade schoolers in “War Eagle”
* Streaking at Auburn, 1974
* Cam Newton’s Night Out
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn T-shirt
* Glory, Glory: Alice Fraasa, the Snorg Tees Girl, is banner Auburn coed