Well, that didn’t take long.
Auburn fans crossing their fingers for a “War Eagle” from Auburn alumna Octavia Spencer at tonight’s Academy Awards ceremony had their wish come true early.
The spirit-filled shout-out was actually in response to host Robin Roberts’ own “War Eagle” in a segment with Spencer on the red carpet during the Oscars pre-show.
More like orange and blue carpet, yo.
Spencer, who graduated from Auburn in 1994, was nominated for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role” for her critically acclaimed performance as a maid in Civil Rights-era Mississippi in the 2011 film “The Help.” She’s going up against Melissa McCarthy (“Bridesmaids”—Gilmore Girls represent), Janet McTeerand (“Albert Nobs”), Berenice Bejo (“The Artist”) and her co-star in “The Help,” Jessica Chastain.
Hopefully we’ll hear an echo win she takes home the gold.
Spencer also briefly talked Auburn with date and fellow Auburn grad Josh Hopkins at the SAG Awards.
UPDATE: And she won — watch her acceptance speech here.
Via Eric Craig, h/t @SassySouthBlog, @WarDamnBryce, @radiofreeblake
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s ‘Hey Day’
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Five Auburn fans named Chris Davis tell what it’s like sharing the most famous name in Iron Bowl history
* Were Auburn fans really pulling for the Russians over Alabama in 1977?
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Didn’t Robin date someone who coaches here? Might have been a rumor but I don’t know.
Mike from power generators says
War Eagle darling. Congratulations.