They’re all blending together like so many Cam Newton rookie year NFL records: Golden Globe Award nominee, SAG Award nominee, Golden Globe winner, Oscar nominee, Essence Magazine “Breakthrough Award” winner, accidentally being referred to in a TWER tweet as the Burger That Made Auburn Famous (more like a burger supreme, am I right Theo?), and now SAG Award winner. All Octavia Spencer does is win.
She wins so much we weren’t even going to write anything about her SAG swaggin’ last night. But then she blew everyone’s minds and took Cougar Town star and fellow Auburn alum (and maybe Mr. Erin Andrews) as her date. And EXTRA interviewed them on camera. And they talked about Auburn.
And that, friends, is how you get yourself on The War Eagle Reader for the millionth time in 10 days or something.
* Twisted Metal developer is an Auburn fan
* “Auburn University” bellowed at WCW match
* “My wife was the Auburn Tiger.”
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s Treme
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam