Auburn is about to go manic for mud.
Mud Mania, an extreme 5k mud run geared toward Auburn students and alumni groups, and benefiting Storybook Farm, will be held March 31 at Southern Springs, a 120-acre horse farm three miles from Auburn University’s campus. Registration for the event is $40, which gets you a racing bag from Big Dog Racing, a T-shirt, photos, coupons… goodies galore.
The race will be organized into 14 heats spaced 30 minutes apart and will be well stocked with obstacles including climbing walls, cargo nets, hay bales, and an entirely flooded horse arena that event coordinator Gabe Gotthelf says will make for one of the largest mud crawls in the history of mud crawls.
Greeks wanting to get down and dirty together as a team of at least 25 or more are encouraged to enter the Greek Challenge for a chance to earn $500 for their philanthropies.
Gotthelf says he hopes to make Mud Mania an annual event. Registration ends Feb. 29.
Visit www.mud-mania.com for more information.
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn
* Streaking at Auburn, 1974
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grad turns old team T-shirts into gameday showstoppers
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”