Some folks might have seen the Chick-fil-A Bowl as just another chance for Auburn to lose a game. Floyd “Money” Mayweather apparently just saw dollar signs.
Among other healthy bowl game wagers, the undefeated professional boxer took Auburn +1 over Virginia at halftime with an $80,000 bet. The Tigers were up 28-17 at the half. If we read his receipt correctly—he tweeted a photo of it before starting a 90-day jail sentence — Mayweather was up $72,727.25… $2,500 of which will likely go toward the fine for his domestic violence charges.
h/t James Purcell.
* “My wife was the Auburn Tiger.”
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s Treme
* Auburn fan selling Toomer’s Corner toilet paper for Tuscaloosa relief
* Toomer’s Oaks sapling to be planted on Capitol lawn
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* How Bama remembers “Punt, Bama, Punt”
* Charles Barkley avoiding the Noid, 1981
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Cam Newton’s portrait hanging in GQ lobby