Wonder of wonders—ESPN briefly acknowledges Auburn in its latest “It’s Not Crazy, It’s Sports” commercial, at least the extended, online-only version. A dude in an Auburn hat and sweatshirt quietly grins while a friend makes good on a lost bet by shaving off his eyebrows.
It’s not exactly promotional parity with Bama’s ripped off “Roll Tide” version, but since the 2010 Iron Bowl is likely the only game in recent memory that would have inspired so drastic a wager, we’ll still feel good about it. And hey, the preacher at the end of the Bama commercial later repented with a “War Eagle.” Punt, hegemony, punt!
h/t Austin Haisten.
* The giant Bo Jackson billboard in Pretty Woman
* The Bo Jackson of Bo Jackson collections
* Auburn vet saves Lady Hoggers
* The 1973 Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
I did some research and the “Auburn guy” lives in LA. Pretty sure he’s an actor. It would have been funnier to see him shave his eyebrows…they are thicker. haha