Michael Dyer has got to be looking forward to his next trip to Oxford.
Last year against Ole Miss, Dyer ran for a career-high 180 yards, the most ever by an Auburn freshman against SEC competition. Saturday night, he got 177 yards against the Rebels. It was the sophomore’s second-best game as a Tiger. Four yards. Five yards. Forty-eight yards. Repeat. Ladies and gentleman, Michael Dyer.
According to TWER statistician Dr. Kenny Smith, the Auburn freshman rushing record holder’s new career average of 94 yards per game has him on pace to finish the 2011 regular season in 10th place on Auburn’s all-time rushing list, Stacy Danley above him, James Joseph below.
He’s currently in 13th place with 2,082 yards, just two shy of 12th place: James Bostic.
Stats / graphics via Kenny Smith.
* Guy crashes Tiger Walk, gets arrested
* Auburn fan Occupies Herbstreit
* Auburn English professor on “Jeopardy!”
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Auburn dude makes Samford Hall out of 4,000 LEGOs.
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
If Dyer averages 94 yards for 30 more games (2 more seasons of 13 games each, 4 more games this year), he would break Bo’s record by 599 yards.
Barring injury – even Bo sat out some significant time at Auburn. Dyer’s on fire, no doubt, but I do worry about the young man’s body. That’s a lot of inside running against some really big folks.
I love him getting the yards, but I really hope we jump on samford and see nothing but trey mason in the second half. First it would do good to rest Dyer and OMac before bama, but I also just really want to see what mason can do when he gets more than one consecutive play. Here’s hoping the UGA game is ’99 all over again.