The first Auburn touchdown by a black player was scored against Florida on Halloween 1970.
James Owens took a punt to the house from 89 yards out in a 63-14 Auburn rout in Gainesville. Trick or Treat, Gators.
Owens integrated the Auburn football team in 1969, but per rules then established for freshmen, did not compete with the varsity until the 1970 season.
Owens’ nephew is Auburn defensive end LaDarius Owens; that has to be haunting at least one Florida stat nerd out there. Has to be. You know what they say: Like fullback uncle, like defensive end nephew.
* George W. Bush says War Eagle—again
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera sports Auburn shirt in new issue of FHM
* Daniel Tosh says “War Eagle” on Tosh.0
* Former MTV “Real World” call Auburn “God’s country.”
* Auburn grad stars in new reality show
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Cam Newton’s Breast Cancer shoes
* Dirty Auburn, Kinkiest Village of the Bizarre!
* So a Playmate walks into Jordan-Hare…
To advertise on TWER, click here.