There were so many of them. So. Many. They just kept coming. Morning calls from mom, morning calls from the mom-in-law, emails, texts, tweets: “They’re talking about, they’re talking about, they’re talking about…”
They were talking about the Iron Bowl. Everyone. Matt. Al. Whoopi. Barbara, Hoda. Kathie Lee. Brian. Diane. The Friends. I’ve tried finding all of the videos to link them nice and proper and I’ve totally wasted my morning. We were so dedicated. We were going to post them all. And we almost did.
I’d always had this nagging sense that I’d forgotten to post one. That another one of the big shows had a big segment on what everyone in America was calling the greatest game in the history of games and that the video we were sent had just gotten lost in the constant stream of emails with the paperclip icon out to the side, which have finally become so numerous I’m getting storage space warnings at the top of my inbox. And hey, thank goodness I am. Because I start cleaning it out, and there it is: Michael Strahan using the Iron Bowl to explain football to Kelly Ripa as she picks at her cuticles. And offering condolences to Cade Foster. And congratulating Chris Davis on all his new girlfriends. Download. Upload. Delete. Post. Enjoy! (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Video: Jeff Poor
Related: TODAY Show host Matt Lauer includes Iron Bowl finish in his Top 10 cultural moments of 2013 list.
Watch more national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply