George W. Bush delved back into his own When In Rome playbook last night (for a trick that apparently works even when just close to Rome) by giving “War Eagle” to the 2,200 people attending Faulkner University’s “Evening with George W. Bush” fundraiser at Montgomery’s Renaissance Hotel.
“He was talking rather quickly and he had everyone going, then threw in a ‘War Eagle’ and the crowd went nuts,” said Dean Flynn, an Auburn fan who was on hand for the event. “Someone said that he said ‘Roll Tide’ but I never heard it”
We’re sure he didn’t, but we’ll be hard-pressed to find video to confirm.
“They wouldn’t let you record anything,” Flynn said. “And they had people checking.”
That obviously wasn’t the case on the occasion of his first, famous “War Eagle” in 2001 or 2003 or whenever it was (ah!—2002!), the reaction to which W. apparently remembered well.
“After saying ‘War Eagle’ he laughed and said ‘I probably should not have done that. It gets you guys excited,'” Flynn said.
* Hargis Hall damaged in fire
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera sports Auburn shirt in new issue of FHM
* Daniel Tosh says “War Eagle” on Tosh.0
* Former MTV “Real World” call Auburn “God’s country.”
* Auburn grad stars in new reality show
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Cam Newton’s Breast Cancer shoes
* Dirty Auburn, Kinkiest Village of the Bizarre!
* So a Playmate walks into Jordan-Hare…
* R.E.M. in Auburn
* Auburn one of seven schools represented in new TOMS shoes line