The idol worship at Jordan-Hare continues. This time it’s not the Jumbotron but the south end of the stadium, above the Tiger’s Plaza, that’s getting a makeover. The humongous holy scrolls of 2009 are being replaced with smaller versions to make room for the new giants of the faith—Nick Fairley and, we can only assume, THE Blessed Individual.
So far up: Nick Fairley, Pat Sullivan, Zeke Smith, and Tracy Rocker.
UPDATE [Wednesday, 8 a.m.]: …and the Blessed Individual:
UPDATE [Wednesday, 1:45 p.m.]: Carlos Rogers returns:
We of course expect this post to become another Update-A-Palooza over the next 24 hours. Do stay tuned.
Photos again via the intrepid Brian Brown.
* Jaime Edmondson sports Auburn shirt in Cam Newton’s Pants photos
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
Why a second banner for these players? They already got one on the side of the stadium. Surely we have more players that could go on the end.
Interesting new blog appeared today – http://thetideandtiger.blogspot.com/ – looks like it will cover the Iron Bowl rivalry.
That blog is pretty Bammer biased.
Mike, I agree! I miss the old busy collages of the all americans and Auburn legends that made Auburn what it is today!!! All these individual awards are kind of boring imo.. Three of them already get their own statue PLUS the murals which are the exact same as the pictures around the scoreboard. The old murals were badass and now all we do is recognize the people that already get all the recognition when the other players deserve just as much.
Zeke Smith! Fairley! Rocker! God, it’s beautiful.
Wow, we had Fairley and Rocker, student and teacher, last year. And now look … they’re both on the side of the dang stadium! War Eagle!
Van P in Southern IL says
One problem with the older (1998-installed) murals: Three (!!) pictures of Terry Bowden. At least this solves that issue. 🙂
Cam’s throwing motion looks terrible! LOL 😛
Cam’s banner should be the pic of him leaping into the end zone in the 1st South Carolina game.