Barrett Trotter may not end up being Cam Newton on the field, but dang if he doesn’t have him beat in the pulpit.
Of note in Trotter’s message at The Basement in Birmingham a few weeks back: Trotter doesn’t know or care who won the Iron Bowl 15 years ago (and thinks you shouldn’t either), when Trotter was in the 8th grade his brother prophesied that he would be a starting college quarterback, and dudes in high school would hide beers behind their back when he arrived at a party (been there, Barrett, been there).
So wish the shot of him after the BCS National Championship Game had been the image projected in the background, but if he’s this comfortable in front of a crowd, something tells us he’ll be pretty comfortable under center. #teamtrotter
* First Auburn National Championship Shirt Ever
* Does Toomer’s Corner have Wake Forest competition?
* The story behind Auburn’s contributions to the 1989 “Girls of the SEC” Playboy pictorial
* Recent Auburn grad fighting porn star, others for Charlie Sheen’s affection
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Actor named Auburn can’t get gig going by his first name
* Man in Auburn shirt spotted helping Japan dig out
* Ronald Reagan was an Auburn fan
* That time Green Day played an Auburn house show
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Willie Nelson’s Auburn shirt
Follow us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.