Aubie has always been one sneaky mofo. But we’d never thought he’d be capable of something like this.
In what has to be the greatest caper the athletic complex has witnessed outside the great blue helmet swindle, Auburn’s beloved championship-winning mascot has somehow managed to squirrel away our beloved national championship trophy.
It’s a bold move, by both Aubie and Auburn’s marketing department. But for those worrying that the powers that be are being too cavalier with the Precious, The Crystal Capers website assures us that “no crystal footballs were harmed in the making of these videos.”
* Auburn football radio broadcast in punxploitation classic
* Did an Auburn fan contribute to the teenage delinquency of Courtney Love?
* The G.I. Joe from Auburn
* Two campy degrees of separation between Auburn and Swamp Thing
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this t-shirt
* “Alabama Polytechnic is the best…” for Eugene Sledge in HBO’s The Pacific
* The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn
* The Auburn plaque in 1984′s Tank