Yesterday, Dr. Gary Keever pondered how best to protect the valuable rhizomic shoots that will begin sprouting up through the pine mulch covering the tree beds in the coming months. The solution? Retain the barricades around the beds… and remind would be root looters that they’re still under 24-hour surveillance.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks:
* That tree in the old picture of Toomer’s Corner is not one of the Toomer’s Oaks
* Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History
* Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn unveils new plans for Toomer’s Corner
* Incredible video of the final rolling of the Toomer’s Oaks shot from a drone
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Auburn Creed written on toilet paper hanging from Toomer’s Oaks after final rolling