Once upon a Birmingham, Pat Sullivan was your good neighbor. This we knew, and would have guessed if we hadn’t—it was the late 70s and early 80s and, kind of like today, insurance gigs for former Auburn stars were can’t-lose.
But before returning to the Auburn sidelines as quarterbacks coach in 1986, ol’ Sully could apparently have also fixed your car as well as insured it.
Know any other non-football jobs Pat has had? Let us know!
Related: Check out Auburn’s Pat Sullivan For Heisman brochure.
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Shug carves a turkey
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
I bet Pat rocked the white side walls
The acquisition of Buford Bryant General Tire came down to Pat and my father Don Gross. My dad owned Charter Tire in B’ham a large wholesale, retail and retreading company with multiple locations. He had been in the tire biz for over 30 years at the time, knew Buford well, and he thought the price Buford wanted was just too much. Pat got it but didn’t last long as Pat knew nothing about the tire business.