Bo “He May Be The Best Running Back In America” Jackson runs for his first touchdown, a 69-yarder, at 17:47—exactly during Pat Dye’s pre-taped reminiscence of Bear Bryant, which seems fitting. (Keith Jackson and Co. only broke away from the tape as Bo crossed the goal line.).
The big bye-bye comes at 1:02:14. Bo the towel-wielding cheerleader comes at 1:05:35. (The tornado warnings lasted the whole game—can’t believe there wasn’t a Bo-nado Warning shirt going around).
But the best part comes six minutes in when Frank Broyles calls Pat Dye “that young man.”
* Cam Newton donates his hair to charity
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* The Auburn player who played for Bama… and Busey