Back in a time of leather helmets, as a football player, the early emphysema that would devour your lungs were they to tackle the cancercoupia featured in this fantastic ad from the 1940 Auburn-Clemson program was probably the last of your health concerns. Besides, doctors recommend cigarettes. (But dentists recommended Vice Roys.)
Related: The Iron Bowl, brought to you by Chesterfield!
* Auburn Gynastics is not impressed
* Lead singer for Journey in an Auburn shirt
* Rare photo of smoke monster at 1996 Auburn-LSU game
* These 1986 A-Day Photos will Bo your mind
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
You never see cigarette girls at throw-back games. Jay Jacobs needs to get on that.