When the gator wranglin’ stars of Animal Planet’s Gator Boys wanted to prove that no, alligators have feelings, too, and maybe shouldn’t be wrestled more than once a day, maybe not even more than once a week, they called in Chris Murray.
Murray is currently working on his Ph.D. in Biological Sciences at Auburn. He knows how to test the beasts for stress hormones, and it turns out he can draw fresh gator blood faster than 2006 Tre Smith.
Murray’s appearance on the show is the latest example of Auburn experts coming to the rescue in extreme job-related, boy-don’t-these-folks-talk-funny reality television. A&E’s hogsploitation homage to Russ Meyers might have be cancelled had it not been for the work of an Auburn-trained vet in December 2011.
h/t Ross Eidson and Eric Irvin.
Related: Captain Bullfrog is an Auburn fan.
* Auburn Brew Club wins bet, quaffs Oregon homebrew
* Does Toomer’s Corner have Wake Forest competition?
* The story behind Auburn’s contributions to the 1989 “Girls of the SEC” Playboy pictorial
* Recent Auburn grad fighting porn star, others for Charlie Sheen’s affection
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* The Ten Best Auburn Games That Never Happened