J&M Bookstore had this “T-shirt of the Week” thing going back in the late 70s, the salad days of Auburn T-shirt screen printing, and regularly advertised their latest creation in The Plainsman. And every now and then the copy would get a little titillating, and their tiger would get this look on his face—like he did in this “Dry T-shirt Sale” ad in 1979.
Fellas, forget roses or a box of chocolates—what your lady really wants for Valentines Day is an Auburn T-shirt that she can get wet on Spring Break, or on one of those nights at Nickel’s Alley, or just any ol’ day at the pool. If you know what I mean. And I think that you do. Click to enlarge.
50 percent off, indeed.
Related: War ******* Eagle T-shirts.
* Dog barks “War Eagle”
* Auburn dog might have helped kill bin Laden
* Lenoardo DiCaprio wears (another) Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn Men, says HBOs’ “Treme”
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* David Foster Wallace wants to be your best friend
* Behind the scenes at the New York City Heisman Tiger Walk
* The Mysterious Auburn Man
* Preacher from ESPN ‘Roll Tide’ commercial repents
Follow us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?