West Virginia’s administration recently asked West Virginia students to refrain from wearing T-shirts bearing the words “West [EFFING] Virginia,” an unofficially official slogan preferred by many young Mountaineers fans.
And hey, that’s more than enough to serve as a timely excuse to post this delightful photo of the Harper Street Honeys and friends from 2003.
For while Auburn’s famous battle cry, too, has long been stuffed with an expletive for added emphasis, for some Auburn supporters—most recently Takeo Spikes—”Damn” just isn’t enough. And in the early 80s, those people had a T-shirt all their own, one passed on to future generations via thrift stores and direct parent-child hand-me-downs, one perfect for JELL-O wrestling.
Almost forgot: Photo by Auburn legend John Counts.
Related: Vintage matchbooks of the Loveliest Village.
* HBO sends a Marine to Auburn
* Dean Foy celebrates Bama’s loss to Vanderbilt, crowd surfs at Toomer’s Corner
* Mississippi state trooper crashes Tiger Walk
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub
* Volleyball player commits to Auburn by painting AU logo on exotic tortoise
* Harvey Updyke Halloween costume
* Guy crashes Tiger Walk, gets arrested
* Auburn English professor on “Jeopardy!”
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
I think I actually witnessed this event, but I don’t remember that t-shirt! Thanks for reminding me about this. Does anyone remember what bar this took place at? Was it called silver dollar or something like that?
it wasnt a bar. it was a house party.