Brenda, a nice, fashionable lady with a great scream from the wonderful town of Eclectic, Ala. won the Showcase Showdown on today’s episode of “The Price is Right.”
She’ll be sharing her new sailboat and e-readers and that Jamaican vacation with her husband Floyd, who was also waiting to Come On Down. But it’s a good thing it was Brenda—”They raise’em smart at Auburn, said host Drew Cary. And we discovered as the credits rolled over his crimson shirt that Floyd is Bama fan.
Brenda isn’t the first Auburn fan to win it all on the 40-year old game show.
In 2002, Will Gaither, then a junior at Auburn, returned to Auburn from Hollywood with nearly $40,000 worth of winnings.
UPDATE: And apparently Brenda isn’t even the first Auburn fan in an Auburn shirt to win. Chase Gallimore, a news anchor for WAAY TV in Huntsville, won the Showcase Showdown while an Auburn student in 2005. And according to The Auburner’s Mark Paden, he was wearing an Auburn shirt. He talks about his appearance in his WAAY bio.
* Chick-fil-a’s new logo
* Bama fan talks Auburn during sex on “Hart of Dixie”
* Human pyramid at Toomer’s Corner!
* War Eagle Moment at the SAG Awards
* Twisted Metal developer is an Auburn fan
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?