God obviously knew something was wrong—what do you mean the Blessed Individual didn’t make the Pro Bowl his rookie year?—so last night he sent the New York Giants to the Super Bowl. That means that Cam Newton will (almost certainly) be taking Eli Manning’s place on the NFC squad on Jan. 29 in Hawaii.
In Dec., Newton was named the NFC’s first QB alternate thanks in part to breaking the NFL’s rookie passing record… set by Eli’s brother. Newton threw for 4,051 yards and 20 touchdowns in 2011. He also ran for 14 touchdowns.
Newton will join a few other former Tigers in Honolulu— Carlos Rogers, who found new CB life in San Francisco this year, and Dallas’ Jay Ratliff, who will be appearing in his fourth straight Pro Bowl. Oh, and Ben Grubbs, another (three-time) former alternate.
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Can an Auburn fox help Cox rock JOX?
* The 1973 Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The giant card Tampa Bay fans sent to Bo Jackson
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?