Auburn soccer player Kim Spence will be suiting up Jamaica for a week in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) World Cup.
Auburn Soccer’s online bio of the sophomore forward lists her hometown as Lilburn, Ga. But she was born in Jamaica and came to the United States with her parents at age 3.
“It’s not everyday someone gets the chance to play for their country, so I am very excited,” Spence, 19, told the Jamaican Observer. “I think it’s a great opportunity.”
Spence flew to the Dominican Republic Wednesday night in order to contribute as a striker in today’s qualifying final against Haiti.
Photo via the Jamaican Observer.
* Fear Cam Newton’s SuperCamming shirt
* “My wife was the Auburn Tiger.”
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s Treme
* The giant Bo Jackson billboard in Pretty Woman
* The Bo Jackson of Bo Jackson collections
* Auburn vet saves Lady Hoggers
* The 1973 Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Charles Barkley avoiding the Noid, 1981
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Cam Newton’s portrait hanging in GQ lobby