The storm caused damage up a significant stretch of Wire Road, felling trees and power poles, destroying trailers and creating a gas leak. Only minor human injuries have been reported, but there is sad news from the Auburn Vet School. At least one horse is dead as a result of the storm.
Calvin Johnson, acting Vet School dean, said the teaching animal had a leg injured in the weather.
“It was evaluated and decided that the horse needed to be euthanized.”
How the horse was hurt, by debris or the power of the storm itself, is unknown. Several tweets suggest that the horse was “caught up” in the tornado.
“We don’t know if anyone actually saw that,” Johnson said.
Johnson said other injuries to animals housed at the vet school’s facilities, which took damage, were limited to “mild abrasions.”
* Bear Bryant, Auburn fan?
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Shug carves a turkey