Auburn engineers are on the verge of revolutionizing Saturday afternoons.
Eighteen mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering students from “Auburn’s Autonomous Lawnmower Team” recently —and robotic-ally—trimmed turf at the ION Robotic Lawnmower Competition, which apparently exists, and is held annually in Beavercreek, Ohio— the Lazy Husband Capitol of The World!
Their design, “Moe” (brilliant), placed third, good enough for a $4,000 prize.
Check out Moe going Johnny 5 on Cater Lawn.
For fancy photos of the guts and gears, go here.
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s Treme
* Auburn fan selling Toomer’s Corner toilet paper for Tuscaloosa relief
* Toomer’s Oaks sapling to be planted on Capitol lawn
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* How Bama remembers “Punt, Bama, Punt”
* Charles Barkley avoiding the Noid, 1981
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Cam Newton’s portrait hanging in GQ lobby