Fifty graphic designers — one per state — were recently asked to illustrate their state’s motto for Fifty and Fifty, “a curated project which attempts to construct a handsome new way of looking at our country.”
Called “a kind of designer’s atlas,” the project is the brainchild of Dan Cassaro, a design and typography go-getter best known for his Springsteenian map of New Jersey.
Auburn man, former Black Lodge Band frontman, Standard Deluxe alum, and all-around bad boy Matt Lane Harris was the designer chosen to represent the noble state of Alabama.
We think he did the Heart of Dixie proud.
* Pine Hill Haints release song from new album to honor Toomer’s
* Outkast lasts forever
* Did Auburn student’s roll Toomer’s Corner after Bear Bryant died?
* TWER interviews Stephen Enloe, the Emotional Agronomist
* Bama police keep vigil over Bear Bryant statue
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
Leave a Reply