The bullets Bama fans fired into their ESPNU-tuned television sets early Wednesday afternoon were, sadly, wasted ones.
Gabe Wright, who ESPN ranks as the No. 3 defensive tackle in the nation (and the No. 26 prospect overall), was not, in fact, calling out Nick Saban with the custom embroidered baseball hat he chose to signal his intentions to play for the Tigers. He was declaring himself a challenger to Nick Fairley’s Auburn championship belt.
T’was a bold move, to be sure, but entertaining… and perhaps the only thing he could have done to upstage fellow Carver High School standout Isaiah Crowell, who committed to Georgia by pulling a live, nameless Bulldog puppy from a sack.
For his part, Nick seems down with it.
* What happens at the Chi Omega Fall Woodser stays on The War Eagle Reader
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this t-shirt
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn
* Against Me! bassist pulls for the Tigers
* Player on 1972 ‘Amazin’s’ squad battling Lou Gehrig’s Disease
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Model Molly Sims spotted at the Iron Bowl in an Auburn jersey