We recently exchanged emails with Auburn University Senior Asst. Athletic Director Scott Carr regarding the statistics and logistics of showing ESPN’s broadcast of the BCS National Championship at Auburn Arena (and about why we’re not talking about Jordan-Hare Stadium instead).
TWER: How many people watched the SEC Championship Game at Auburn Arena? How many are you expecting for the BCS National Championship?
3,500 – 4,000 attended the SEC Championship Game. We expect a full-house of over 9,000 for the BCS National Championship Game.
TWER: We understand that RVs will be allowed to park in the field at the southwest corner of S. Donahue and Lem Morrison Drive starting at noon Saturday. Were there RVs here for the SECCG?
I am not aware of any RVs that came to campus for the SECCG.
TWER: Was any consideration given to showing the BCSCG game inside Jordan-Hare Stadium?
We discussed showing the game at JHS, but had concerns with the weather. The long term forecasts we reviewed showed lows in the low 30’s with a chance of rain. We didn’t feel that was conducive to a positive experience and thus decided to make Auburn Arena and the Student Center available as they both provided an indoor venue.
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* Was Walt Disney an Auburn fan?
* AU fan possibly contributed to Courtney Love’s teenage delinquency
* Player on 1972 ‘Amazin’s’ squad battling Lou Gehrig’s Disease
* Auburn alumna tops TheHill.com’s “50 Most Beautiful People” list
* Young Bartley meets David Housel for breakfast
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Under Armour congratulates Cam Newton with full-page ad
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Harry Connick Jr. — Auburn Man?