The 17 letters that for nearly 40 years (the H-A-R-E and S-T-A-D-I-U-M for even longer) officially confirmed that the giant bowl of champions in the middle of Auburn’s campus was indeed Jordan-Hare Stadium can be yours for $10,000 (plus $200 shipping—they’re heavy).
Lewisville, Texas-based eBay seller vintagesports101 is offering the letters (cAUveat emptor) in a Buy It Now listing. Here’s the description:
We are offering something very special for vintage sports collectors and Auburn football fans! In 2011, the entrance to the stadium got a new sign. Through another dealer we were able to purchase the entire sign that was removed! It is big, it is heavy, and it is one of a kind! These have seen Heisman winners and National champions!
The letters are heavy cast aluminum, 8-12 pounds each and two foot tall! These were on the northeast side of the stadium, or to orient yourself, they overlooked the intersection of Donahue Dr & Heisman Dr. If you go on Google Maps Streetview, you can see these on the stadium! Google: 251 S Donahue Dr, Auburn, AL
Perfect for your Auburn Manstadium!
The letters were replaced with a fancy illuminated “Jordan-Hare Stadium” sign in 2011.
Related: The History of Jordan-Hare Stadium.
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* Toomer’s Corner featured in new Hyundai ad
* Playboy in Jordan-Hare… 1994
* Gene Chizik in high school
* The truth behind the 1988 Auburn vs. LSU “Earthquake” game
* Five Auburn coeds featured in Playboy’s “Girls of the SEC” issue
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot