Jon Hamm would probably agree: Bo Jackson (still) comes as advertised.
The star of Mad Men squared off against Jackson’s American League squad—Bo was the team’s manager—in the Taco Bell All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game played Sunday in Jackson’s former baseball stomping grounds of Kansas City.
Hamm met three years ago in 2009 game when Jackson playfully shoved the perennial National League celebri-player en route to the batter’s box. And he still can’t stop talking about it.
“Terrifying,” Hamm replied when asked by MLB.com what it was like meeting Jackson.
“He’s amazing. And he’s a right-handed hitter and a very, very strong man.”
Bo also made an impression on Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet, who now refers to Bo as Captain Jackson, as in “Thank you Captain Jackson. Sorry I didn’t play better.“
“I found out that he and his family are fans of the show, which is always a trip, when you find out that someone you looked up to as a kid now watches what you do,” Stonestreet told MLB.com. “I was a big fan of his when he was in Kansas City, and I loved him as a football player, too. I’ll never forget when he ran over Brian Bosworth.”
The 2012 MLB All-Star Games airs Tuesday night on Fox. Here’s our post about Bo homering one for the Gipper in the ’89 game.
Related: Don Draper is an Auburn Man.
* Toomer’s Corner—the video game
* The Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The giant card Tampa Bay fans sent to Bo Jackson
* Playboy in Auburn, 1994