One of the first thing that really puts a smile on your face when starting this whole Auburn vintage collecting rat race is the Jimmy Sidle Sports Illustrated issue. It’s easy enough to eBay but still plenty under the radar and it looks freaking awesome and so of its era (and so perfect for, like, maybe a blog logo or something), and obviously the whole “Year of the Running Back” thing really feeds our fragile Running Back U. ego (even though Sidle was technically a quarterback—he just happened to run better than your team’s running back).
But when you find the photo of the Jimmy Sidle Sports Illustrated being read by Jimmy Sidle, that’s when you really know you’ve
wasted your life arrived.
Photo from Sept. 25, 1964 issue of The Auburn Plainsman.
You can help us find the photo of the photographer taking the photo of Jimmy Sidle holding the Jimmy Sidle Sports Illustrated with a small donation!
* The Gene Chizik Elevator of Champions!
* Jaime Edmondson sports Auburn shirt in Cam Newton’s Pants photos
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth