Last week I took my guerrilla Auburn historian shtick to the Lee County airwaves with It’s Pronounced Jordan, a joint venture between The War Eagle Reader and The Drive, Auburn’s latest sports-talk alternative. The Drive airs from 4-6 p.m. each weekday (on ESPN 106.5 FM) and is hosted by an outstanding man after my own Auburn heart, Rich Perkins (recently profiled by The Plainsman, dontcha know). It’s Pronounced Jordan is / will be a half-hour segment each Thursday at 5 p.m. that will hopefully give the posts populating TWER’s “Vintage” section the vigor that only warm repartee can. Or something.
If you can’t listen in radio or internet (www.espnau.com) real time, we’ll be posting each week’s episode on TWER sometime during the following week.
Last week’s topic was pre-Aubie Auburn mascots. You can listen to that below. And do enjoy the photo accompaniments, but please excuse the flood of “you knows” (undiagnosed Tourettes, I’m convinced) and distance from the microphone, two problems that will likely get much, much worse this week thanks to my decision to deliver a stream of consciousness sermon on the history of rolling Toomer’s Corner. You know how we roll.
* The Auburn helicopter in Afghanistan
* The Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The giant card Tampa Bay fans sent to Bo Jackson
* Playboy in Auburn, 1994