Gene Chizik wrote a book after his national championship season. Shug Jordan apparently started a signature watch line. Click to enlarge.
It was one of those rare, OMG treasures I sniped on eBay some lonely, wonderful night in 2006, since resold privately (and not at a loss) to a competing collector—the Flintheart Glomgold to my vintage Auburn memorabilia Scrooge McDuck—in order to pay some bills. But while I wore it, everyone I knew was named Carl, and their every guess at what time it was so very, very right.
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Actor named Auburn can’t get gig going by his first name
* Man in Auburn shirt spotted helping Japan dig out
My dad gave me one of those watches when I was a kid! Geez, now I’m going to have to dig around and see if I can find it!
No way I would have sold that treasure, I’d have had to get a loan to pay the bills. Wow! wish I had one.
haha That’s great!