A University of Alabama coed is relying on CMT to help her find a mate. Duh.
Filmed in Fairhope and given a truly creative name, Sweet Home Alabama boasts a twist to the normal cattle call of cell phone salesmen and pharmaceutical reps cast on reality dating shows; the male suitors are classified as either “city slickers” or “Southern gentleman.”
Although Huskins graduated from Auburn in 2009, he’s considered one of the city slickers. Auburn grads can apparently go slick pretty quick. He is now, or was, a licensed stock broker for Charles Schwaab in Phoenix, AZ, and calls himself “TP” for “Total Package.”
Huskins will compete with a rodeo pro, tobacco farmer, music manager, and personal trainer among others to woo “Southern Belle” Devin Grissom. Surely, in a concept chock full of clichés (and a show so full of dudes) there is a Bama girl punch line in there somewhere.
Sweet Home Alabama debuts Thursday, July 14 at 8 p.m. CST on CMT. You can read the Auburn Villager’s interview with TP here.
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all * George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* My first meeting with Dean Foy
* Pompadours on the Plains: the 50s revival at Auburn
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* Auburn badass John Rochelle
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.