We kind of thought that the mechanics of Charles Barkley’s notoriously bad golf swing were embellished for the sake of SNL skits, etc.
I have no idea what Chuck is doing there, but his driver wanted no part of it, taking its own life on Barkley’s first swing of the day at Wednesday’s Regions Traditions pro-am at Shoal Creek. Barkley, of course, autographed the corpse and donated it to charity, and was able to continue playing thanks to Bo Jackson, “the second greatest athlete in Auburn history,” who at the ready with a loaner. Thanks, Bo.
H/T Devil Ball.
* Tide For Toomer’s founder’s apartment destroyed in tornado, “thank you” from AU arrives next day
* Toomer’s For Tuscaloosa featured on NBC Nightly News
* Auburn fan selling Toomer’s Corner toilet paper for Tuscaloosa relief
* Toomer’s Oaks sapling to be planted on Capitol lawn
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* How Bama remembers “Punt, Bama, Punt”
* Charles Barkley avoiding the Noid, 1981
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* My first meeting with Dean Foy
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959