Cam Newton and LaMichael James apparently talked more cleats and clothes during their two days together in New York than they did X’s and O’s.
And James’ comment at the end of this interview makes us wonder if he would rather Protect This House than Just Do It. (We also enjoy his Freudian slip at :15 — don’t worry, “Auburn” and “Heisman” are practically synonymous.)
We’re taking this to imply that James, Nike’s neon nightmare, covets Cam’s connections with UnderArmour, and not the other way around. If so, it’s understandable, for a variety of top secret neoprene-compressing reasons.
* Bo Jackson vs. Clark Kent
* My first meeting with Dean Foy
* James Garner and the Auburn plaque in ‘Tank’
* Alice Fraasa demonstrates the AU Gang Sign
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs