Week 3 and we only have three undefeated teams left. One of them is the Chiefs. Go figure.
• Jason Campbell #8 rode the pine Sunday as the Raiders lost a painful one to the Cardinals 24-23 on a last second missed field goal. The team is not allowing him to speak to the media at this time. For the season Jason is 30 of 52 for a 57.6 completion percentage for 267 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. He has also rushed for 54 yards on 10 carries and been sacked 6 times. Don’t expect him back in the starting lineup anytime soon, but you may see him come off the bench.
• Ronnie Brown #23 had a pedestrian outing gaining 54 yards on 11 carries and 2 receptions for -1 yards in the Dolphin’s Sunday night loss to the Jets 31-23. Ronnie has gained 199 yards on 37 attempts this year for 5.4 yards per carry and has one TD. He has also caught 5 balls for 22 yards.
• Heath Evans #44 didn’t get a touch this week as the Saints’ lost a heart breaker to the Falcons in OT 27-24. Heath has started all three games this year but has 1 carry for 0 yards and 2 catches for 25 yards. Not too unusual for a fullback.
• Tony Richardson #49 started in Sunday Night’s win over the Dolphins but did not record a stat. So is the life of a fullback, the Jets won 31-23. Tony has started all 3 games but has only caught 2 passes for 9 yards this season.
• Carnell Williams #24 had rough sledding this past week against the best defense in football as the Buccaneers fell to the Steelers 38-13, Carnell had 6 carries for 13 yards but caught 5 passes for 33. Carnell has started all three games and has rushed for 139 yards on 55 carries, a dismal 2.5 yards per carry. He has caught 8 passes for 64 yards. He has yet to score this season.
• Ben Tate #43 is on injured reserve with the Houston Texans.
• Devin Aromashadu #19 sat out the Bears’ 20-17 win Monday night against the Packers. His play has dwindled dramatically from opening day. The coaches say it’s his blocking and that they don’t like him playing in the slot. Devin caught 5 passes for 71 yards in the first game of the year and hasn’t touched the ball since.
• Ben Obamanu #87 did not dress this week for the Seahawk’s 27-20 win over the Chargers. Ben has caught 3 passes for 36 yards and a TD this season.
• Montez Billings #89 is on the practice squad with New Orleans.
• Prechae Rodriguez #85 was cut by the Saskatchewan Roughriders who were disappointed in his production after making a trade for him in the offseason. He has yet to be picked up by another team. He had 30 catches for 375 yards and 2 TDs this season.
• Marcus McNeill #73 has signed a ridiculously low tender to play this year. He still has to sit out three games but reports are that they will try to get a new deal done soon. Marcus is saying all the right things, yet the bridge may be burned and we might see Marcus in another jersey next year.
• Tyronne Green #69 has been elevated to the starting RG position due to injuries. Tyronne played most of the Chargers’ 27-20 loss to the Seahawks in Seattle. Tyronne has played in two games this season and will start his first pro game this week when the Chargers host the Cardinals.
• Tim Duckworth #78 played on special teams in the Panthers’ 20-7 loss to Cincinnati. Duck is the team’s top reserve guard and has played in every game this year with no starts.
• Jay Ratliff #90 had two tackles and a pass deflection as the Cowboys got their first win of the year 27-13 over the Texans. Jay has started all three games this year and has 5 tackles and a pass deflection from his NT spot.
• Quentin Groves #52 posted three tackles and intercepted a pass that was batted in the air in the Raiders’ painful 24-23 loss to the Cardinals in Arizona. Quentin has started every game this season and has collected 10 tackles and the aforementioned pick.
• Antonio Coleman #59 has yet to play a down for the Buffalo Bills.
• Karlos Dansby #58 had 8 tackles in the Dolphins’ 31-23 loss to the Jets on Sunday night. Karlos has 25 tackles and three starts this year.
• Will Herring #54 had 4 tackles in Seattle’s 27-20 win over the Chargers. Will did not start the game but played most of the 4th quarter with the game on the line. Will has 7 tackles this year and has played in all three games without a start.
• Carlos Rogers #22 had 3 tackles this week in Washington’s 30-16 loss to the Rams. Carlos has 18 tackles this season and one interception in three starts. 18 tackles is good for 7th most among CBs.
• Jonathan Wilhite #24 recorded three tackles in the Patriots “too close for comfort” win over the Bills 38-30. He is currently playing the nickel role. Wilhite has started one game and played in all three this year, he has 11 tackles and a pass deflection.
• Jerraud Powers #25 had 4 tackles and 4 pass deflections for the Colts in their 27-13 win over the Broncos. He also had 1 punt return for 4 yards. Jerraud has started every game this year and has 14 tackles and an INT. He has also returned 5 punts for 41 yards.
• Rod Hood #37 is on injured reserve with the Tennessee Titans.
• Robert Bironas #2 had a perfect day hitting 2 field goals and 3 extra points in Tennessee’s 29-10 win over the Giants. Bironas has made every kick this year going 4/4 on field goals and 8/8 on extra points.
• Damon Duval #15 made 3 of his 4 field goals and all 5 extra points in Montreal’s 44-40 win over Winnipeg. Damon has been the best kicker in Canada for years now. This season he is 30/39 on field goals and 36/36 on extra points for a total of 138 which leads the league. He is also the team’s punter and is averaging 45.1 yards per punt, which would rank him 12th if he were kicking in the NFL.
Questions? Comments? Anyone you want to know about that’s not listed? Let me know and I’ll have it up next week!
Thor Burk came to Auburn as a young man in 1997 and never left. He’s always loved Bo Jackson, but his true love of Auburn football proper began in the early 90s. In addition to writing a weekly report on Tiger greats in the NFL, he’s a professional BBQ judge (Memphis certified), and all around foodie. Write him at [email protected].