Hack Zenderson shows you what you missed at Fan Day (if you were one of the thousands of people who decided you couldn’t / wouldn’t wait the two-plus hours for the players).
Sleigh Bells goes better with Aubie exposing himself than with Ziemba’s hand-cramp face any day.
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Actor named Auburn can’t get gig going by his first name
* Man in Auburn shirt spotted helping Japan dig out
Too bad the AU officials had only one door open in which to funnel 8500 fans. I was one of the many who left after moving about 50 feet in an hour and still found myself on the ground floor. Good thing is there’s a lot of enthusiasm for Auburn football this upcoming season.
Have to agree, NYC. Love to see the spirit. But, my last Fan Day was 2006 after standing in line inside Beard Eaves for 2.5 hours with my son and him getting to see no players. AU doesn’t drop the ball much when it comes to the fan experience, but this has become one area that they do. Was much better in the Pat Dye days when they would have it on the practice field.