The Response / Counterclaim / Retaliation* :
The Conclusion (from the Birmingham Post-Herald):
Yes, you read correctly: in 1953, a Bama student, either out of self-loathing (understandable), or in an attempt to rile his team to victory in the upcoming Iron Bowl (which they sadly won), painted not just random doors and alleys of his own campus with Auburn slogans, but Denny freakin’ Chimes.
*Names redacted, ’cause we’re nice like that.
Related: My first meeting with Dean Foy .
* Frank Sinatra doesn’t care that Auburn beat Alabama by 12 points
* Pretty Auburn girl. In the Philippines. Saving Toomer’s.
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* Pompadours on the Plains: the 50s revival at Auburn
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn T-shirt
* Glory, Glory: Alice Fraasa, the Snorg Tees Girl, is banner Auburn coed
Originally published October 14, 2010.