Mandatory ROTC at Auburn was done away with in 1970, and judging by this ad in a 1972 issue of Auburn Football Illustrated, the program’s numbers must have quickly taken a drastic hit.
The promise of scholarship opportunities and monthly pay allowances and leadership training not connecting with potential cadets? Try seductive stares from coeds in hot pants!
“Army ROTC: The More You Look At It, The Better It Looks.”
More like MANdatory…
Speaking of Auburn coeds in hot pants in the early 1970s…
* Katy Perry in Auburn
* The greatest thing ever written about Auburn football
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Gene Chizik in high school
* Saban’s reaction to ticketing caught on police dash cam
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt