UPDATE: Listen to Terry Daniel talk about the whole crazy thing here.
It’s one thing to read about it. But watching Terry Bowden (who somehow kept a straight face) actually respond to charges from Mississippi State coach Jackie Sherrill that Auburn was spiking its footballs with helium is a nice reminder that, no, it isn’t some apocryphal tailgate tale people trot out once a year… it came up at press conferences and the beat writers and news anchors couldn’t help but laugh about it like everyone else. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
“I’m not joking,” a smiling Phil Snow tells viewers during an WSFA sports segment on the SEC’s “secret search” for “funny footballs” at Auburn, “they really did an investigation.”
Video: Auburn Obsessive.
* Mississippi State fan sues Auburn, SEC over confiscated cowbell; calls rule ‘unconstitutional’
* Shug: ‘The cowbells have no place in college football’
* That time Mississippi State accused Auburn punter Terry Daniel of filling footballs with helium
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* ‘Did you say LSU or LS-PEW?’ Katy Perry uses corn dogs to pick Auburn over LSU in bizarre ESPN GameDay appearance
* Twelve years later, Syracuse sports writer who was ‘Changed Forever’ by Auburn gameday experience reflects on his most popular column ever
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* What was the probability of an Auburn win before each snap of the 2013 Iron Bowl? Now we know.
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply