It was such a special torch passing, so warm, so genuine. Meant to be, really.
That first year, you could see it in their eyes in the sweaty sideline Birmingham News photo enlargements that did so well during the 1993 Christmas season. You could see it in the sweaty post-Iron Bowl victory locker room video as they both stood up there talking cee-gars and true champions and Auburn Men.
And I’d totally forgotten, but you could even see it in that Colonial Bank commercial they tag-teamed. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Oh, and word is one of the star struck youths at the beginning of the video is the proprietor of Hank’s House of Houndstooth.
Related: The profile of Bo Jackson that played during the 1985 Heisman Trophy ceremony.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Tracy Morgan, Auburn fan
* Auburn grad in Auburn shirt leads ‘The Price Is Right’ audience in ‘War Eagle’, wins car
* Bo knows Jesus
* What legendary FSU AD John Bridgers had to do during practice when he played for Auburn in the early 40s
* The great Samford Tower Mickey Mouse clock caper of 1977
* Foy Information Desk swamped with calls for days as phone number goes viral
* Alabama Shakes Brittany Howard: ‘I’m an Auburn fan.’
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
RT Atlanta says
There was an earlier version of that commercial, or one earily similar to it, where Dye was sitting in a diner and when asked about Bowden responded, yes “I ‘spect he’s gonna do all right.”