The premise seems kind of unfair. Auburn grads make more money than Bama grads, lead more biggest American companies ever than Bama grads, and contribute to the state’s highest brain index, which is four times higher than that found in Tuscaloosa (where this family lives).
Nevertheless, The Game Show Network is currently casting a new show that for at least one episode will have alumni of both schools matching wits–and coordination–for cash.
sAccording to casting director Sarah Furlong, the show, tentatively titled The Idiot Test, will have a format that borrows elements of shows like a Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader and Minute To Win It.
Contestants will compete not as individuals, but in teams of two–and against pairs of polar opposites: Alabama grads vs. Auburn grads, Trekkies vs. Star Wars nerds, vegans vs. meat lovers.
For teams, Furlong says the show is looking for people who know each other well.
“You’ll want to bring someone you know really well (to auditions for the show) because it’s all about the interaction and gameplay between the team members.”
The show is scheduled to start shooting in June. Auditions are currently being held in Southern California and New York City. Prospective contestants can contact Furlong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
h/t Daniel Trivino.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Auburn grad in Auburn shirt leads ‘The Price Is Right’ audience in ‘War Eagle’, wins car
* Bo knows Jesus
* What legendary FSU AD John Bridgers had to do during practice when he played for Auburn in the early 40s
* The great Samford Tower Mickey Mouse clock caper of 1977
* Foy Information Desk swamped with calls for days as phone number goes viral
* Alabama Shakes Brittany Howard: ‘I’m an Auburn fan.’
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?