Today is Earth Day. The first Earth Day took place April 22, 1970. Some folks at Auburn took part. Here’s the main photo on the front page of the April 23, 1970 issue of the Plainsman:
How Auburn’s Environmental Action Committee determined that all of the litter it collected and dumped on the concourse to raise planet-saving awareness that first Earth Day was actually deposited on campus in a 24-hour period, I’m not sure. But that’s what the sign says.
If it were two years later I’m sure we’d see some pigeons in there.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Sexiest Auburn photo ever?
* The 1937 Bacardi Bowl: Auburn football’s first post-season appearance was the first, real bowl game played overseas
* It’s Like Talking To a Beautiful Woman: A phone call with Gus Malzahn
* Toomer’s Drugs is too fancy for you
* An Auburn coed and her machine gun