Yes, Bama’s famed literary dandy was being facetious at the beginning of his pre-Iron Bowl column about how badly Tuscaloosa-town wanted to beat the trashy little white folk in Auburn.
But still — “match Tide touchdowns with tailor-made suits”? The more things change!
Related: 1961 Crimson White: Bama won its first national championship four years after Auburn won its first national championship.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Bama fan legislator introduced bill to abolish Auburn University in 1973
* Auburn wore green jerseys… for two seasons
* Gus Malzahn, 1989
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply