We were excited just about what Twitter told us Bruce Pearl was wearing during his interview this morning on Mike & Mike. The things he said were even better.
Pearl spent the first of his three segments on the show discussing his new job at Auburn—how he got it, why he took it, and why he’s really, really, really, really, really excited about it.
“I got down there to campus. There were a couple of hundred people at the airport,” Pearl said. “We had a press conference to announce the new coach and meet the family. Gus Malzahn and his family were sitting front row. That’s big. He’s at spring practice, and he’s there.”
And that baseball jersey Pearl is wearing? A personal gift from Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway who Pearl also met with Tuedsay.
When talk turned to the Auburn football helmet in front of him, it was classic Pearl. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
“I tried to put the helmet on but couldn’t quite get it past the earpiece,” Pearl said before jamming the helmet down over his head. “There—how’s that? War Eagle, baby! War Eagle! I’m back…
“This is not coming off, baby!”
There’s also some fun stuff at the end where he may have promised Auburn fans 27 wins next season, we’re not sure…
Here’s the full first segment. If you can’t see it, click here.
Video: Jeff Poor
* Auburn grad in Auburn shirt leads ‘The Price Is Right’ audience in ‘War Eagle’, wins car
* Bo knows Jesus
* What legendary FSU AD John Bridgers had to do during practice when he played for Auburn in the early 40s
* The great Samford Tower Mickey Mouse clock caper of 1977
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?