The moral of this story: we need more fake social media accounts announcing donut companies are setting up shop in Auburn. Because so sorry did Krispy Kreme feel about the prank pulled on the Auburn Twittersphere earlier this week—last year it was Whataburger—it dispatched a bus carrying 1,200 donuts to the Plains.
The Krispy Kreme Cruiser pulled up outside the Auburn Student Center around 4 p.m. Friday and quickly began unloading it’s cargo… for free. It was wonderful.
So could the false rumor turn into a tasty truth? (You know, like it was 1982…)
“I think we definitely should look at it,” Krispy Kreme marketing coordinator Kara Palm told us before the bus left for Birmingham. “Hopefully we can get something happening.”
h/t Clint Richardson
* George Wallace trading insults with hippies at Toomer’s Corner
* ‘A Momma Goldberg’s menu from 1979
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Florida State fraternity pledges caught attempting unspeakable initiation rite at Auburn dorm
* That time Auburn majorettes tried to get fans to streak at A-Day
* Congrats Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* ‘One of the smartest f***ing minds in football’
* Watch Pat Dye lick sugar off of a football
* The play that saved Auburn football
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?